So, I asked if this was a fair fit of his beliefs:
- Assert the definitions of "good" and "bad".
- Have a methodology for deciding on how to act.
- The result(s) by definition are what is "right" and/or "wrong".
- What is “good” and/or “bad” is declared to be what God say via the Bible; AND
- Given God is the ultimate authority doing what he says one ought to do, acting to bring about “good” as defined by him, and/or acting to reduce the “bad” as defined by him; AND
- Determines a “right” or “wrong” act.
Here are some important points in this for me:
- The Bible is completely true.
- The Bible is prescriptive, ie. it has rules one ought to follow.
- God is the ultimate authority and therefore ought to be followed.
Of course there is also one (other) vital point:
- One ought to follow any/all of God's rules.